September 12, 2013

Down but not out- No Excuses !

Hey Guys!

Once again it's been a crazy week and a half! I play co-ed slow pitch softball.. since I'm not a college athlete anymore :( (boo), this gives me my fix of still playing the game I love just at a slower pace.  Any who last week on September 5th we had a game, which we kicked butt in by the way :) And my second at bat I hit a triple.  Rounding first I hit the base at a weird angle and knew it wasn't gonna be the prettiest of all runs.  I approached third base, sliding feet first, because I am too competitive to get thrown out if I can help it! Needless to say I slid into the base, jamming my ankle into the side and ended up getting a Grade 2-3 Sprain.  For those of you who don't know there are 3 grades to an ankle sprain.

Grade1 : is mild, with slight stretching of the ligaments.
Grade2: is moderate, partial tearing of the ligament occurs
Grade3: is severe, Complete tear of the ligament occurs

No Excuses
Despite me not being able to put a lot of pressure on my foot to do the leg workouts I have been wanting to do, I have not skipped the gym! It is important to still be cautious but know that when you are in an injured state you have to pay a lot more attention to your diet and still be active where it is comfortable.  I have been doing some rehab and am on the way to recovery!

Today's workout will consist of a 20-30 minute bike ride, along with some upper body and back & every ones favorite, ABS!

Stationary Bike 20-30 min. Add Resistance according
 (Make sure you adjust your seat level so that when your pedal is on the decline, your knee is slightly bent)

DONT FORGET THE FIRST NUMBER IS THE WEIGHT-REPS-SETS
Hammer Curls: 20 x 12-15 x 2
Overhead Triceps Extension: 30 x 12-15 x 2

Back Extension: 25 plate 15 x 2
Lat Pull downs: 42.5 x 10-12 x 2

ABS: 200 (10 sets of 20)





No comments:

Post a Comment