October 15, 2014

Life Update!!

Hey guys,

Sorry for going MIA over the past few months,  I wanted to try out a new style of blogging with Tumblr.. which I later found out really isn't what I was looking for! With that being said a few things have gone on in my life since my last post around Christmas of 2013.

My mother was recently diagnosed with breast cancer in early march, this was a scare to our entire family, we were scared, but determined to not let her face this journey alone. We caught the cancer at stage 3, and it had spread into her lymph nodes, we scheduled surgery in May for her to have a double mastectomy, meaning she removed both of her breasts, even though it was only in one.  Since the surgery, she began chemotherapy in July and has been going through treatments, she only has two left of this cycle and boy has she been awesome through it all.  In July she lost her hair after the second treatment and she is still so gorgeous.  I couldn't even imagine what she's going through right now.. how can something be so bad to someone so good? But God has his reasons and gives his toughest battles to his best soldiers, and that is exactly what my mom is, a soldier.  She has two more treatments of this cycle of chemo, then we begin our last journey with a years worth of chemo and radiation.  Through it all,  the strength she has kept overwhelms me every single day. She gets up, goes to work, and makes time for my family even though she is so very tired. She's such a great mother, friend, co-worker, sister, etc. She's my best friend :)

Moving on,  I didn't do anything exciting over the summer, but work really, which is okay because I wanted to spend this one with my mom.  In August classes started back, and i am in my senior year at Marshall University.  I am taking 13 hours this semester along with working so my schedule stays busy, like any normal college student.  In September i did a BodPod to determine my body fat to lean mass ratio, and since then I have been working with a specific diet tailored to my macro-nutrient needs and it's been working well so far! I'll post on it another day! I have continued lifting 5 times a week  doing cardio for 20-40 min most days and adding a boot camp/metabolic conditioning day every other Saturday (my work offers it so the Saturdays i don't work i participate!)



Present: So this month, I have had midterms, carved pumpkins, watched football, baked yummy fall treats, scary movies and basically all the fall necessities and have worked.. nothing really exciting to my simple life but i enjoy it nonetheless. My best friend got married on Oct 4th and it was the first wedding i have ever been in, it was so much fun and so cool to stand beside her on her special day, best wishes Haley & Tyler Hughes! & finally my birthday is coming up less than a month and I'll be 23 ...weird! After my birthday is Thanksgiving which i'm totally excited for because i looooove pumpkin pie and pumpkin roll that my mom makes.. she is pretty much a saint in the kitchen!


So now that i've caught you up on basically what i have been doing since Christmas of last year, i hope that all of you are enjoying this fall season and sticking to your goals from New Years... yes they are still attainable, remember that you're almost there and before you know it new goals will be made and new accomplishments will be achieved! BE GOOD TO YOUR BODY! 





XOXOX

   Brittney <3 



No comments:

Post a Comment