November 11, 2014

Birthday Girl

 
Do you have a lovely blank card, yet you have drawn a blank as to what to write inside? Needing the perfect phrase to have the...
23
So i'm 23 today, weirrrrrd to say, but 22 was awesome, I met some amazing people, learned a lot about myself and have matured during the past year.  It's always nice to see the young person you are becoming and will continue to become.

22 brought me happiness, sadness, excitement, and a whole roller coaster of emotions.  During my 22nd year, my father was in the hospital last November with a subarachnoid hemorrhage on his brain, on my birthday he was released. That December, my baby niece was born, who will be a year old next month!! Crazy, I also started dating my boyfriend (which will be our year in December!) yay, we are doing amazing <3 In march  we found out my mother had breast cancer in march, and have been battling for her ever since.  Needless to say my life has been anything but boring but I wouldn't change one minute of that year. It had it's ups and downs but then again who doesn't; that's what makes life so interesting.

Now today at 23, I can look back on the past year and think how much I've grown as a person, and with the people around me.  I've learned to love to the point of tears, and if I want something to go get it yourself and be proud of it.  I've learned that whatever you're good at, build off of it. I've also learned to worry less, and let go.  I'm a very type A person, I like things done in a particular way and on time, and this year being 23, I propose to myself to be a little more care free.  I look forward to living my life exactly how I want to in my twenties, you don't get these years back so you might was well make them count. 

So here's to 23, may you be exciting, adventurous, loving, kind, outgoing, extraordinary, and meaningful!



No comments:

Post a Comment