November 11, 2014

My Top 5 Go-To Snacks



So I get that you are a busy busy busy bee in the mornings, afternoon, or night, whatever time of the day you function best at, but don't let your nutrition be on the back-burner just because you're hungry!

I am a full time college student, senior year to be exact, I work as a personal trainer for 28 hours a week during school semesters, and like anybody else I make time for my loved ones & my health. Just like anybody else who works, goes to school, takes care of children, we all have our priorities, you just need to make your health one too.

After much review, here are my top 5 go to snacks to keep me full of energy and ready to tackle my next cluster of work placed in front of me. It was reaaallly hard for me to narrow it down to only five.. i love snacking !

Cookies & Cream - Box of 12
1. Quest bars- this is a macro packed snack that is full of 21g of protein, 7g of fat, and 22g of carbs. not to mention there is only 1g of sugar, YES 1g OF SUGAR! They are well worth their price. You can purchase at any GNC store, of even go to their website. I highly reccomend these bars they come in a variety of flavors, basically any taste you want, that also helps you cheat clean if you're craving something sweet; which i ALWAYS am, i looooove  the cookies and cream flavor because it tastes like your biting into a healthy oreo! mmm heaven in my mouth.  Click here to check out quest bars
Protein: 21g----Carbs: 22g----Fat: 7g



Strawberry
2. Chobani Greek Yogurt- this 100 calorie packed baby full of probiotics, protein, and no fat, is the perfect snack for you on the go. it's thicker than regular yogurt, but rich and creamy at the same time.  This too comes in a variety of flavors that can satisfy any fruit and yogurt craving you might have. Did I mention there is no fat in it? With only 7g of sugar it can cut those sweet cravings in an instant. Check out Chobani
Protein: 12 g ---- Carbs: 15g ------Fat: 0g      

Image result for hard boiled egg nutrition
3. Hard Boiled Eggs- These bad boys, take literally 2 minutes of prep work only. Boil you some water, place as many eggs as you want, I usually do 3, and let the water boil.. leave on your stove for about 15-20 minutes while you're getting ready, or watching the walking dead on sunday nights EEEEK! (my favorite show) .. or while you're reading my blog :P needless to say these suckers are a great source of protein.
Protein: 6g ---Carbs: 0.6g-----Fat: 5g    
(roughly most eggs will have this content) 


4. Protein Shake- A protein shake no lie, takes less than 5 minutes to whip up.  There are well over 100 brand varieties, and endless recipes to spice them up. Protein can be purchased at any major retail store like walmart or target, but higher, better quality proteins such as Whey or Casein can be purchased at GNC, or any of the brands websites. Specials are always being offered! The possibilities are endless! Check out The Gold Standard-WHEY Protein at the GNC website right here. WHEY Gold Standard
Protein: 24g ---Carbs 4g----Fat: 1.50g



Teriyaki Beef Jerky
5. Beef Jerky: Oh how I love these mouth watering beef strips! Beef jerky is essentially dry beef strips that have been dried out (duh) and marinated with herbs and spices to add different flavors.  I personally enjoy the Oberto teriyaki .. pictured above.. it's packed with protein as well as vitamins and minerals. It keeps you feeling full and satisfied and it's sooo yummy.  And it can be purchases pretty much anywhere. Quick and easy and beefy! Show me the jerky!
Protein: 11g---Carbs:7g----Fat: 1g 

No comments:

Post a Comment